RadMD is an Internet-based online radiology benefits manager and information service ("Services") for National Imaging Associates, Inc. ("NIA") client health plans and their providers.
BY ACCESSING OR USING RadMD, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT, YOU MAY NOT ACCESS OR USE RadMD.
NIA MAY MODIFY THIS AGREEMENT AT ANY TIME, AND SUCH MODIFICATION SHALL BE EFFECTIVE WHEN THE SITE IS NEXT USED BY YOU. YOU AGREE TO REVIEW THIS AGREEMENT TO ENSURE THAT YOU ARE AWARE OF ANY MODIFICATIONS. YOUR CONTINUED ACCESS OR USE OF RadMD SHALL BE DEEMED YOUR CONCLUSIVE ACCEPTANCE OF THE MODIFIED AGREEMENT.
The RadMD services are presented by NIA for the sole purpose of making a medical benefit determination on behalf of health plan clients. IT IS NOT INTENDED, AND MUST NOT BE TAKEN, TO BE A RECOMMENDATION WITH RESPECT TO THE PROVISION OR PRACTICE OF MEDICINE, OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL HEALTH CARE ADVICE OR SERVICE IN ANY JURISDICTION. A determination by NIA denying or approving a particular diagnostic procedure does not relieve Contracted Provider from recommending such care as s/he deems to be appropriate. Further, any determination by NIA is not meant to interfere with the traditional patient-provider relationship.
NIA cannot and does not verify or warrant the truth, accuracy, or completeness of any information provided to it in generating an authorization or any information contained on this site. All submissions by Contracted Provider are considered part of the medical record. The Contracted Provider is responsible for providing truthful, accurate, and complete information when seeking authorization because this information is relied upon by NIA/RadMD in making the benefits determination. Any clinical discussions that take place during messaging sessions are also part of the medical record and contribute to the benefits determination. Appropriate professional courtesy, practice, and decorum are expected during these sessions. Further, the Contracted Provider is responsible for ensuring the use of independent professional judgement in making diagnostic, treatment, or other decisions based upon the information obtained from NIA/RadMD.
RadMD IS NOT TARGETED TO USERS IN ANY PARTICULAR LOCALITY, NOR IS IT INTENDED TO CONSTITUTE THE DOING OF BUSINESS IN ANY JURISDICTION, NOR TO BE A SOLICITATION OF BUSINESS ANYWHERE, NOR TO CONSTITUTE ANY CONTACTS WITH ANY JURISDICTION OUTSIDE OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY. BY USE OF THIS SITE YOU AGREE TO NEW JERSEY AS THE JURISDICTION FOR RESOLUTION OF ANY AND ALL DISPUTES OR LEGAL ACTIONS WITH RESPECT TO USE OF THIS SITE.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE NIA/RADMD BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR ANY OTHER MONETARY OR OTHER DAMAGES, FEES, FINES, PENALTIES, OR LIABILITIES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SERVICES, OR SITES ACCESSED THROUGH RADMD, AND/OR CONTENT OR INFORMATION PROVIDED HEREIN. A CONTRACTED PROVIDER'S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SERVICE IS TO STOP USING THE SERVICE.
- You verify that either you are a health care provider, or are employed by or on staff with a health care provider contracted with a health plan for which NIA provides Services ("Contracted Provider"). If you are employed by or on staff with a Contracted Provider, you (User) verify that you are authorized by that Contracted Provider on his, her, or its behalf to use RadMD.
- Contracted Provider agrees that by permitting User access to this site you agree to maintain best practices with respect to the physical and technical security of your terminals, computer system, user identification, password, and other private or confidential information relating to your use of RadMD. As of April 14, 2003, you are required to comply with HIPAA privacy provisions in relation to Individually Identifiable Health Information (IIHI) and Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Contracted Provider/User is prohibited from retrieving or attempting to retrieve information from RadMD about patients who are not receiving services from the Contracted Provider. NIA maintains systems which permit it to track retrieval activities and any unauthorized retrieval activity may be grounds for denying User or Contracted Provider future access to RadMD or for terminating the Contracted Provider, and may expose the Contracted Provider and/or User personally to state and federal civil and criminal penalties.
- Contracted Provider/User agree that by permitting you access to this site and you acknowledge that information gained through RadMD is highly sensitive confidential health information and the unauthorized use or disclosure of this information may lead to criminal or civil penalties and/or loss of a professional license. The protection afforded to this health information attaches in the electronic or hard copy format.
- Contracted Provider/User agree that by permitting you access to this site, you understand that, except for information, products, or services clearly identified as being supplied by NIA, NIA does not operate, control or endorse any information, products, or services on the Internet. You also understand that the NIA cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading will be free of infection or viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that manifest contaminating or destructive properties. Contracted Provider and User are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your requirements for accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means for the reconstruction of any lost data. NIA does not assume any responsibility or risk for your use of RadMD.
- Contracted Provider/User may only retrieve information from RadMD for patients cared for by the Contracted Provider and on behalf of the Contracted Provider. Contracted Provider/User understand and acknowledge that you may retrieve this information only for purposes of providing health care treatment, planning, quality assurance, or peer review services involving the patients of Contracted Provider.
- Contracted Provider and User agrees not to reverse engineer, reverse assemble, or reverse compile any component of RadMD, NIA's proprietary computer databases, programs, or any confidential information whatsoever.
- Contracted Provider is responsible for advising NIA of changes in personnel's right of access to RadMD preferably within 1 business day but no later than 10 business days of such change to enable NIA to activate or terminate access in order to appropriately protect the data.
- Contracted Provider and Users agree that an individual account and password shall be for the purpose of individual use and not used in common by a group of individuals. This is required to provide individual accountability for the determination of who accessed what resources and for what purpose, and so that NIA can establish inappropriate use of an account and password.
- Contracted Provider and Users agree that you will be required to change your password every 6 months and more frequently if you suspect the following has occurred: password has been compromised - shared with someone else. Your password must contain six (6) to eight (8) characters with at least one non-letter character.
- Contracted Providers and Users agree you share the responsibility with NIA to provide a secure web site for your and to use and to maintain accurate and current account for Users. Therefore, Users understand that atrophied accounts (accounts never used 120 days after creation and not used for 120 days since last login) will be suspended. If you should need to use your account again after this period of disuse, you may simply complete a new "Authorization Verification User Form" (LINK) and NIA will reestablish you as a User.
- Contracted Providers and Users understand that there is a thirty (30) minute timeout policy and practice. If you have established a connection to RadMD but are not actively using it (screen movement), User will be automatically disconnected after 30 minutes. The timeout interval provides security for Users who forget to log out. Timeout practice also helps the performance of the web server by freeing the resources dedicated to that User's connection, thus freeing system resources to be available to others.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties pertaining to its subject matter. It may be modified by NIA/RadMD as set forth above.
Contact for questions or issues is www.radmd.com. The access site is the Home Page, select "Contact Us".
For questions or issues, please contact RadMdSupport@magellanhealth.com or use the phone number 1-877-80-RadMD Monday through Friday 5 a.m. - 5 p.m. Pacific.