Blue Shield of California
Welcome to the Blue Shield of California page. Here you can access helpful information related to the program.
To support the benefit change that is being implemented for many of your PPO patients Blue Shield of CA and NIA are educating providers about facility options available for the delivery of advanced imaging diagnostic services ordered. NIA will provide information to providers if the facility selected could result in a higher out of pocket cost to the patient. NIA will assist the provider in selecting an alternate facility that best meets their patient needs.
If you have any questions about the NIA Program, please contact your dedicated NIA Provider Relations Manager, Justin Clifford.
Update on COVID-19
- BSCA Utilization Review Matrix - 2020
- RadMD Flyer
- RadMD Quick Reference Guide
- RadMD for Ordering and Imaging Providers
- RadMD Upload Feature
- RadMD Ordering Provider Access
Musculoskeletal Care Management
Blue Shield of California has implemented a Musculoskeletal program that includes spine surgery and interventional pain management for Blue Shield PPO plan members. The program will include dates of service on and after January 1, 2017.
- BSCA IPM and Surgery Utilization Matrix - 2020
- BSCA Frequently Asked Questions
- BSCA Provider Training PPT
- BSCA RadMD Pain Management Injection Quick Reference Guide
- BSCA RadMD Pain Management Surgery Quick Reference Guide
Recorded General Trainings
Recorded RadMD Demos
- Clinical Guidelines
Refer to the Utilization Review Matrix document to view specific codes managed by NIA