Centene / Louisiana Healthcare Connections
Welcome to the Centene / Louisiana Healthcare Connections page. Here you can download policies and procedures specific to both ordering providers and imaging facilities. These include quick reference guides and FAQs. You can also view information designed to assist you in using the RadMD Web site to obtain and check authorizations.
If you have any questions about the NIA Program, please contact your dedicated NIA Provider Relations Manager, Justin Clifford.
Update on COVID-19
PLEASE NOTE: Effective January 1, 2018 the Louisiana Medicaid Program has changed their policy to cover PET SCAN for Oncology Diagnoses only. Please see the below for reference.
LOUISIANA MEDICAID PROGRAM ISSUED: 12/xx/17
CHAPTER 5: PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
SECTION 5.1: COVERED SERVICES PAGE(S) 4
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF 409K) - Effective 3/1/2018
- Quick Reference Guide for Imaging Facilities (PDF 260K)
- Quick Reference Guide for Ordering Physicians (PDF 308K)
- Pediatric Imaging Spine MRI and Spine CT Test Request Tip Sheet (PDF 810K)
- Prior Authorization Checklist (PDF 241K)
- Test Request Tip Sheet (PDF 803K)
- Utilization Review Matrix (PDF 544K)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Provider Webinar Invitation
- Quick Reference Guide for Ordering Physicians
- Quick Reference Guide for Imaging Facilities
- Provider Education Presentation
Effective March 1, 2019, physical medicine services (physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy) will no longer be managed through a post-service review process. Therefore, beginning March 1, 2019, Louisiana Healthcare Connections will implement a prior authorization of outpatient physical medicine services for its Medicaid membership.
- Date Extension Announcement for Physical Medicine Providers (New)
- Physical Medicine Provider Training PPT
- Physical Medicine Frequently Asked Questions
- Physical Medicine Quick Reference Guide
- Physical Medicine Tip Sheet/Checklist
- RadMD Access for Ordering Providers to Request Prior Authorization (PDF 362K)
- RadMD Benefits and Logon (PDF 96K)
- RadMD Quick Start Guide (PDF 451K)
- RadMD Upload Feature (PDF 438K)
- Sample NIA OCR Fax Cover Sheet (PDF 55K)
Click here to see information about the 2013 Jimmo v. Sebelius settlement involving skilled nursing and skilled therapy services.
- Clinical Guidelines
Refer to the Utilization Review Matrix document to view specific codes managed by NIA