Centene / Louisiana Healthcare Connections
Welcome to the Louisiana Healthcare Connections Health Plan page. Here you can download policies and procedures specific to both ordering and rendering providers. These include quick reference guides and information designed to assist you in using RadMD to request and check the status of prior authorizations.
If you have any questions about our programs, please contact your dedicated NIA Provider Relations Manager, Gina Braswell.
Effective 1/20/2023, National Imaging Associates, Inc. is now a subsidiary of Evolent Health. Evolent Health and its affiliates and subsidiaries collectively referred to as “Evolent.”
Advanced Imaging and Cardiac Programs - Updated 7/1/2022
- Utilization Review Matrix-2023
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Quick Reference Guide
- Wellcare By Allwell Frequently Asked Questions
- Wellcare By Allwell Provider Education Presentation
- Cardiac Frequently Asked Questions
- Wellcare By Allwell Cardiac Frequently Asked Questions
- Provider Education Presentation
- Peer-to-Peer Process
- Wellcare by Allwell Quick Reference Guide
For access to our Advanced Imaging Program tip sheets/checklists, click here.
For access to our Cardiac Program tip sheets/checklists, click here.
Physical Medicine Program - Effective 7/1/2022
- Physical Medicine Provider Education Presentation
- Physical Medicine Frequently Asked Questions
- Physical Medicine Quick Reference Guide
- Wellcare By Allwell Physical Medicine Frequently Asked Questions
- Wellcare By Allwell Physical Medicine Quick Reference Guide
- Wellcare by Allwell Physical Medicine Provider Education Presentation
For access to our Physical Medicine Program tip sheets/checklists, click here.
Interventional Pain Management (IPM) Program - Effective 7/1/2022
- IPM Frequently Asked Questions - Updated 10/1/23
- IPM Quick Reference Guide
- IPM Utilization Review Matrix-2023 - Updated 10/1/23
- IPM Provider Education Presentation
- Wellcare By Allwelll IPM Frequently Asked Questions
- Wellcare By Allwell IPM Quick Reference Guide
- Wellcare By Allwell IPM Provider Education Presentation
- Wellcare by Allwell IPM Utilization Review Matrix - 2023
For access to our IPM Program tip sheets/checklists, click here.
Musculoskeletal (MSK) Program - Effective 10/1/2023
- MSK Frequently Asked Questions
- MSK Quick Reference Guide
- MSK Provider Education Presentation
- MSK Utilization Review Matrix (Hip, Knee and Shoulder)
- MSK Utilization Review Matrix (Spine Surgery)
For access to our Surgery Program tip sheets/checklists, click here.
Conservative Treatment Forms
For access to our conservative treatment forms, click here.
Low Dose Chest CT History Form
RadMD is a user-friendly, real-time tool offered by NIA that provides ordering and rendering providers with instant access to prior authorization requests for specialty procedures. Whether submitting exam requests or checking the status of prior authorization requests, providers will find RadMD to be an efficient, easy-to-navigate resource.
Search for resources by program:
Recorded General Trainings
We have a series of training videos that discuss the components of requesting a prior authorization request. Click here to access these videos.
Recorded RadMD Demos
Need additional help using RadMD? Click here to access a series of RadMD demos that demonstrate how to properly submit a prior authorization request.
2013 Jimmo vs Sebelius Settlement Agreement
Click here for information about the 2013 Jimmo v. Sebelius settlement involving skilled nursing and skilled therapy services.
- Clinical Guidelines
Refer to the Utilization Review Matrix document to view specific codes managed by NIA
- Click here to view NIA’s Physical Medicine guidelines
Clinical Training Modules
We have a series of clinical training modules that will help you avoid delays and ensure that you have the right information before submitting your prior authorization request. Click here to access them.
Update on COVID-19
Click here to view our recommendations on the use of CT to detect Coronavirus (COVID-19).