Welcome to the Independent Health Health Plan page. Here you can download policies and procedures specific to both ordering and rendering providers. These include quick reference guides and information designed to assist you in using RadMD to request and check the status of prior authorizations.
If you have any questions about our programs, please contact your dedicated NIA Provider Relations Manager, Lori Fink.
Effective January 1, 2019, prior-authorization will be required for the following outpatient cardiac procedures, MUGA Scan, MPI/Nuclear Stress Test and Stress Echocardiography.
Radiology Benefits Management Program
Provider Education Documents
- IHA provider notification: 6/27/11 RadMD enhancement to Radiation Awareness program
- Radiation Awareness: sample RadMD screen shot of 6/27/11 enhancement
- Ionizing Radiation Exposure from Radiologic Imaging: The Issue and What We Can Do
- Independent Health Quick Reference Guide
- Independent Health RBM Provider Presentation
- Independent Health RBM Tip Sheet
- Independent Health Claims Resolution Matrix-2022
- Independent Health Claims Resolution Self-Funded Matrix-2022
- Peer-to-Peer Process
Conservative Treatment Forms
For access to our conservative treatment forms, click here.
RadMD is a user-friendly, real-time tool offered by Magellan Healthcare that provides ordering and rendering providers with instant access to prior authorization requests for specialty procedures. Whether submitting exam requests or checking the status of prior authorization requests, providers will find RadMD to be an efficient, easy-to-navigate resource.
Search for resources by program:
Recorded General Trainings
We have a series of training videos that discuss the components of requesting a prior authorization request. Click here to access these videos.
Recorded RadMD Demos
Need additional help using RadMD? Click here to access a series of RadMD demos that demonstrate how to properly submit a prior authorization request.
Clinical Training Modules
We have a series of clinical training modules that will help you avoid delays and ensure that you have the right information before submitting your prior authorization request. Click here to access them.
Update on COVID-19
Click here to view our recommendations on the use of CT to detect Coronavirus (COVID-19).